Javelina Project: Make Blue Go Green
EPA Campus Rainworks Master Plan submission from Texas A&M University Kingsville Environmental Engineering students:
- Isabella Aguirre
- Taufiqul Alam
- Muhammed Chowdhury
- Yvonne-Dives Gomez
- Sushmita Gopalakrishnan
- Andrea Meyer
- Erich Potthast
ISEE has entered into an agreement with U.S. EPA Region 6 and co-organized and lead the 18th & 19th Annual Region 6 Municipal Separate Stormwater Sewer System (MS4) Conference which was held in Oklahoma City in 2016 & San Antonio, Texas in 2017, with over 380 water professionals attending from throughout the region during each conference.
- This was an additional continuing opportunity for TAMUK faculty, staff and students to present research and analytical results and conduct outreach activities for ISEE and TAMUK engineering programs.
- The 19th Annual Conference was held at the Hilton Palacio del Rio Hotel in San Antonio, Texas on September 17-21st, 2017.
- For more information and to view pictures from the conference that was held in September 2017, click here
ISEE will hold its 20th Annual EPA Region 6 Stormwater Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico at the Hotel Albuquerque in Old Town on August 19-23, 2018.
The Conference is co-hosted by Bernalillo County, Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood Control Authority (AMAFCA) & Southern Sandoval County Arroyo Flood Control Authority (SSCAFCA).
Please visit our Conference website. Early registration has opened for $300 until April, 30, 2018
In early 2017, Eman Ibrahim, Kim Jones, Patrick Mills and co-authors published an article in the Biotechnology for Biofuels Journal about enzymes expressed by modified E. coli bacteria and their potential for biofuel production.
More to come.
“Development of Ecological Risk and Vulnerability Assessment Decision Support System for Improved Sustainable Coastal Development “
PI: Kim Jones / Co-PI: Augusto Sanchez
- Texas Sea Grant Program for $257,345 for period 02/01/2018—01/31/2020. Proposal Submitted
PhD Student, Shooka Khoramfar presented her research work as a platform presentation at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition in San Antonio, Oct. 9-11, 2017.
Title of research was “Field Test for Biological Based VOC Emission Control for an Oil and Gas Production Facility in East Texas”; Shooka Khoramfar, Kim Jones, James Boswell and George King.
Advisor: Dr. Kim Jones
“Lower Rio Grande Valley Low-Impact Development (LID) Water Quality Monitoring, Street Sweeping Program Characterization and Models” PI: Kim Jones / Co-PI: O. Al-Qudah submitted to Texas Commission for Environmental Quality (TCEQ) for $282,009 for 09/01/2018—08/31/2021.
Olusola F. Fasae successfully defended his Project titled “A Decision-Support System Incorporating Cost Benefit Analysis for Green Infrastructure in a Mixed-Use Development for the Lower Rio Grande Valley” on July 14, 2017.
Advisor: Dr. Kim Jones.
- Shooka Khoramfar successfully defended her Dissertation Proposal titled “Enhance Biological Treatment of Hydrophobic Hazardous Volatile Organic Compounds by Addition of Surfactants and Application of Fungal Biocatalysts” on November 28, 2017. Chair: Dr. Kim Jones.
PhD Student, Shooka Khoramfar (ISEE) received 3rd Place for her poster titled “Full-Scale Biological Treatment Unit for Removal of VOCs from a Remote Oil and Gas Production Facility” at the student poster competition during the 2017 A&WMA Annual Conference and Exhibition which was held in Pittsburgh, PA on June 5-8, 2017.
Shooka was also awarded 3rd Place for her poster at the Engineering Graduate Poster Competition on April 13, 2017.
“Synergizing Recent Genetic Advances and Innovative Biomass Pretreatment Technologies for Production of Biofuels Value-Added Precursors” PI: Kim Jones / Co-PI: E. Ibrahim, P. Mills submitted to National Science Foundation (NSF) for $557,393 for 01/01/2018—12/31/2020. Proposal Submitted.